my profile

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Christmas Layouts and cards are started!

I hope you are all busy scrapbooking and thinking about your next projects. The Scrapbook Carnival usually kick starts me into getting organised for Christmas.


This is the sample Make and Take for the Calgary Scrapbook Carnival event. We Embossied the Cut out and glittered it up. Stamped a Greeting and inked our edge. Nice and quick, nice and simple. All our proceeds go to The Childrens Hospital.




I have started my Christmas Cards and layouts already. I love christmastime, we spend lots of time doing things as a family and all have a great time.


Materials used in the following projects:

Sookwand Adhesive from Craft & Glitz
Glamour Glitter from Craft & Glitz
Glossy Accents
The New Christmas Paper Pad from Graphic 45.




My Motto is Keep it Simple, I have loads of cards to get ready and send off overseas I think probably around 40 and if I dont get them off in November, they are late.



This is Card 2. Very Simply highlighted with Glossy Accents and edged in Fabulous Classic Red Glamour Glitter. Its very effective and not overboard. I love being able to send Glittered Cards to my friends and family and know the Glitter does not come off when I have used Sookwang.



This is Card Three. A little different from me, I am very traditional at Christmas. I love the patterned paper, its very different to my style but, Hey, I'll try anything once! (legal, of course)



This is a close up to show the Glitter detail. I used  the Black and Iridescent Diamond mix found in the recipes, for the two stripes on the outside and our Iridescent Diamonds on Santas fur trim.



Card One was as easy as pie. Take some pretty paper and Bling it up. Edged in Midnight Blue and a mix of Light Gold and Silver, just right!





Finish off with some Iridescent Diamonds on Santas Trim.




I completed a Two Page Layout .

here is page two. I tried to make it match Page one, just simply matted to hold my Christmas Pics and space for journaling. I always add the story about the pictures. (so I dont forget as I get older)



The close up is of one of the Holly embellishments from a sheet of holly paper in the Pad. It drew both pages together.  I also added Glossy Accents and Classic Red Glamour Glitter to them.




Here is a close up of some of the detail on Page one of my layout. I did not add anything to this page - yet except Glamour Glitter with the Sookwang Adhesive and Glossy Accents




I tried not to go overboard with the Glitter but its ever so hard not to. Hopefully this helps to get you all started on your own Projects.
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments but be aware we do remove posts which are inappropriate

Thank You